Board of Directors
– Jeannie P. Dahnk, Esq. (President)
– Candice Hall, Esq. (Vice-President)
– Robin Lam (Treasurer)
– Stacie C. Bordick, Esq.
– Steve Cameli
– Hall B. Cheshire
– Colleen Jordan
– Sara S. Josey, Esq.
– Teresa L. Pagliaro, Esq.
– Lynn S. V. Pardee, Esq.
– Shelia J. Weimer, Esq.
– David M. Williams, Jr., Esq.
– Joel W. Young, Esq.
LEGAL AID WORKS®
BOARD OF DIRECTORS RECRUITMENT
Have you ever thought about serving on a nonprofit board of directors? Maybe you know someone who is already doing that, or you might be curious about why someone would be interested in that sort of service. Please consider the possibility of serving on one of the most effective, unique and inspiring organizations in this area of Virginia: Legal Aid Works®.
Why might you want to consider serving on a nonprofit board? Board service is an excellent way to have a substantial and ongoing impact in your community. As a member of a dedicated team of concerned and involved community members, you can identify long-term goals, seek out diverse opportunities for collaboration, brainstorming, and potentially implement innovative strategies for lasting change.
Ever wanted to change the world? Well, here’s your chance to get started!
Legal Aid Works® is currently looking for candidates to fill several 3-year term vacancies on our Board of Directors, beginning immediately. For more than 43 years, Legal Aid Works® has provided high quality free civil legal services to thousands of indigent clients who struggled to find access to the justice system. This legacy of positive community impact would not be possible without committed members of the public, just like you, guiding and shaping our mission.
We have listed below some specific duties and benefits for those who serve on our Board. Interested in learning more? Contact Ann H. Kloeckner, Esq., Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-371-1105.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
• Attend bimonthly board meetings in Fredericksburg.
- Meetings are on the first Wednesday of the month, every other month (February, April, June, August, October, December)
- Time – 4:00 to 6:00 PM.
- Read packet of information in advance.
- Must not miss more than three consecutive meetings.
- OK to attend by phone.
• Oversight of program governance
• Fiduciary role
• Offer advice and counsel
• Fundraising to support Legal Aid Works®
- Connector (open doors, introduce us to influential people who can help)
- Communicator (tell our story to your circle of influence)
- Closer (help make the ask)
- Show up at fundraisers
• Monetary contribution from each board member according to his/her ability. We do not set a specific amount, but we do ask that the amount be significant for you.
• Giving back
• Participating in the Community
• Networking with other professionals
• Challenging – A good stretch
• Filling an unmet need by volunteering
• Contributing to the success of an important nonprofit agency
• Gaining greater insight into community’s needs
• Learning board of director’s skill set
• Enhancing your Résumé